Historical Timeline for the Campaign
High Level Timeline
1920 – 1930’s
- As the prohibition era swept the country, the mystique surrounding mob/gang warfare and the glamour surrounding Eliot Ness’ Untouchables gave rise to the first ‘Mystery Men’.
- These heroes were mostly ordinary citizens taking arms against the racketeers. They were strictly locally based and were looked at as vigilantes by law enforcement and hunted as criminals themselves.
- During World War II, Axis espionage activity on the home front led to increased activity by Mystery Men as they change focus from fighting hoodlums to fighting enemy agents.
- Public opinion of the Mystery Men begins to swing from negative to positive.
- Several Mystery Men begin working in a loose alliance with Law Enforcement.
- The 50’s were a decade of increasing popularity and publicity for the masked heroes. As a reaction to their success, the first Masked Theme Villains began appearing.
- Heroes and Villains began to get more sophisticated leaning more heavily on technological powers as opposed to merely honing their natural skills and using firearms.
1960 – 1970’s
- The first ‘Super-powered’ heroes and villains begin to appear.
- The FBI creates a special branch to police this new phenomena: MEDUSA – Metahuman Enforcement Department, United States of America.
- A shadowy underworld organization appears providing technological support (weapons, vehicles, mercenary soldiers, etc.) to those who can afford it. The organization is referred to as TECH.
- The Paragon Society becomes active. They primarily invesigate paranormal activity. They are not believed to utilize metahumans.
- There is a massive increase in the number of super-powered beings worldwide
- The U.S. Government founds their superbeing enforcement division: CHESS – Central Headquarters, Espionage Science and Security
- The first Super Hero Teams are formed
- MEDUSA steps in and formalizes the roles of super teams in law enforcement by offering groups charters.
- Several Regional Teams are created through MEDUSA charter. The East Coast team was the Sentinals, a group of extremely experienced and powerful heroes
- Earth experiences a massive invasion by a coalition of Space Pirates. Conventional forces are not a match for their technology and the hero population is hard pressed to meet the threat
- Super-Villains are granted amnesty for past crimes if they assist in repelling the attack
- The Sentinals discover that the driving force behind the invasion is an other-dimensional being of awesome power referred to as ‘the Devil’. The Sentinals capture a pirate vessel and blast off into space to take the fight to the Devil.
- The combined forces of Earth are victorious and drive the invading force away. A significant percentage of Earth’s hero and villain population are killed or missing as a result of the conflict.
- The Sentinals did not return from their mission. It is not known whether they succeeded or not. The East Coast is left ‘defenseless’ in their absence.
- To help fill the void left by the fallen heroes, a private mercenary company is founded: PITs – Paranormal Investigation Team
- Reboot of the campaign