The Fuzzy People are the victims of Doctor DNA. They are ordinary citizens that have been exposed to DNA’s genetic manipulation. Once exposed, their bodies go into a comatose-like (fuzzy) state for a period of 1-4 weeks. When they emerge from the fuzzy state, they manifest metahuman abilities in an uncontrollable fashion. It takes between 1-3 weeks for the victims to gain a modicom of control over their powers.
Once they manifest their powers, they are subject to the mental control of DNA. To date, it appears that DNA has to be in close proximity of his victims in order to exert his mental control.
Victims to Date
- Gavin Hart (Pilot): Super Strength/Invulnerability
- Mary Platt: Heightened Speed/Agility
- Josie Carruther: Gills/Claws – suffocated before life saving measures can be implemented (required salt water)
- Tony Penderghast: Flight/Power Blast
- Dave Jones (Radio Shack Employee): Electrical/Teleportation
- Hal Debbins: Transforms into Pteradactyl-like creature
- Kelly Palmer: Heightened Intelligence – Illusions
- Mark Suit: Invisibility – Sonics
- Spencer Franks: Revivication — death touch
- Thomas Prest: stretching – height end
- Veronica Dumars: Gravity Control – Invulnerability
- Sid Herbert: Regeneration – Disintigration
- Makenzie Bedford: Telepathy/Force Field
- Kevin Scudder: Vaccuum Generation
- Vanessa Garrett: Emotion Control (terror)
- Dante Allen: Power Absorbtion
- Antonio Green: Transformed into a Slimy/Winged Insectoid
- Marie Baldrick: Devitilization – Hit Point Absorbtion
- Kirt Campbell: Darkness Control/Sonic Powers
- Calvin Washington: Ligt Control/Non-Corproealness
- Chad Hall: Shrinking
- Amos Goodwin: Ice Powers/Density Increase
Kelly has accepted a role with the new reavers
Thomas has resumed his ‘normal’ life
Chad shrunk out of sight following the manifestation of his shrinking power. He has not been seen since.
Marie disappeared from her prison cell during the most recent ‘fuzzy-uprising’ led by Doctor DNA. The only clue in the cell was a small pile of ash. Doctor Delane (DNA) was also found in the cell.
The following Fuzzies escaped during the jailbreak attempt:
In early 2009, they reappeared in Center City committing a wide range of criminal attacks. The fuzzies appear to be more stable and proficient in the use of their abilities. It is also reported that several of the fuzzies exhibited abilities that they had not previously shown during their hospitalization.
Following an encounter with Bishop Fairwell, Doctor DNA and the fuzzies disappeared from sight.
Several of the fuzzies have reappeared in New York City and fought with the Vanguard at La Guardia airport as costumed villains. Sid, Tony, and Kirt were captured and Kevin was killed. Mary and Mackenzie escaped.
The following Fuzzies were being held in detention following the jailbreak attempt, but have since been transferred to the New Jersey State Penitentiary following the rise of anti-hero sentiment in Center City.